Today @ 2pm: Walmart Workers Speak Out at OWS
Walmart Workers Demand Respect! STOP CORPORATE GREED
THURSDAY OCTOBER 20 at 2 PM
Teach In at Liberty Park with Walmart Workers
**Immediate action on Walmart in NYC will be announced**
The Waltons, the family that built Walmart’s global empire, are the .0000001% richest
And Walmart’s 2.1 million associates worldwide are the 99%
Workers have formed an organization, OUR Walmart: Organization United for Respect at Walmart, to fight back and stand up for their rights at the world’s largest private employer.
- Sam Walton’s daughter, the heiress to the Walmart fortune, is the tenth richest person in America, and 21st richest in the world.
- Walmart Associates are the life-blood of Walmart, and yet they are not treated with respect.
- Walmart’s CEO Mike Duke took home $18.7 million dollars last year, the same year they cut profit sharing for employees.
- According to a recent study, Walmart can easily afford to pay its workers a living wage but chooses not to.
- cornbreadconfrijoles likes this
- exceptdissent reblogged this from petitsirena and added:
- petitsirena reblogged this from fuckyeahmarxismleninism
- shinecryzephyr likes this
- fafarina3 reblogged this from pococcupywallstreet
- hsnahr likes this
- abovetheice reblogged this from fuckyeahmarxismleninism
- ibelieveingatsby likes this
- somegirlsblog likes this
- tushbutt reblogged this from mostmodernist
- phyarsburgess likes this
- mknmv likes this
- translucetone reblogged this from fuckyeahmarxismleninism
- chainedtomemory reblogged this from moll-eephonehome and added:
- already-dead likes this
- mostmodernist reblogged this from fuckyeahmarxismleninism
- blu-girl reblogged this from pococcupywallstreet
- donaldhyatt likes this
- benicetoafriend reblogged this from fuckyeahmarxismleninism
- moll-eephonehome reblogged this from fuckyeahmarxismleninism
- fuckyeahmarxismleninism reblogged this from pococcupywallstreet
- pococcupywallstreet posted this